Ooops, another stupid cry for help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raramuristar

:confused:

My desktop PC (Acer 1999) Microsoft XP Pro SP2 just crashed after finishing a translation work. First, it just shut down to restart almost immediately without my doing anything. Then it kept on shutting down until I decided to shut it down by cutting the energy.

Now, when I try to turn it on, it just sputters for about 5 seconds and goes dead on me. No time to hit F2 botton or Del botton. A Technician said it was the Power Unit. I don't know what to think. Does anybody have a better idea?

Thanks in advance for whatever advice.

raramuristar

:eek:

PSU would be my first suggestion.
You are probably tied to getting a replacement from Dell I'am afraid.

raramuristar

Thanks a lot, Big Bear. Yes, I agree with you. It is most likely that I shall have to get a replacement. Nevertheless, I wanted to count on another more sensible opinions.

Good Luck to you,

raramuristar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online