oops........help please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dhester22

Okay, I put in a new video card, however the old one is integrated onto my motherboard......i went into the bios to disable the old one.......and now when i start up the computer i see nothing untill windows boots......

in the bios i switched from on board/pci to agp.....however the new video card is not agp.....but those where the only two options.....

if anymore info is needed just lemme know.......thanx

you can leave the onboard video on in the bios, just connect the monitor cable to the pci video card and it should work.

dhester22

the whole reason i wanted to disable the integrated one is because everytime i log into windows, it says found new hardware.....and the old video card.....now i cannot get to the bios at all..........i get no picture on the screen untill it logs into windows

oops, forgot to mention, if you cant even see the option for bios, just take out the cmos battery for a few minutes then put it back in, everything should be defaulted to original state. .

there is a silver battery, it looks like a large watch battery. it looks like a flat silver disc. turn off computer and unplug power cable then you can take it out by pressing the little release tab, you may need a small screw driver to press the tab. take it out, then wait a few minutes, then it resets the changes you made to the bios.

**EDIT** dont forget to put the battery back in.

dhester22

okay, and the only thing that will effect is the bios?

also how do i disable the other video card?

this will only effect the bios. and to disable the other video card, once you are in windows go to device manager and right click the driver and press disable button. im not sure what operating system you have so i cannot give you a step by step directions of how to get to device manager.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online