1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OOPS I uninstalled Outlook2000

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by angelgabbby, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelgabbby

angelgabbby Thread Starter

:eek: My brain took a leave of absence & I need help! I recently had to add a new WindowsXP user acct. & delete my normal 1 (had a possibly corrupt userprofile). Every since I started using the new 1, I noticed I didn't seem to have Outlook2000 on it, however it still showed on my "add/remove programs". I have no other sign of it though in my "Program Files", "Windows" folder, nor anywhere else. I put my disk for Outlook 2000 in but it wouldn't give me the option of installing (showing it was already installed). I thought that I could just go to Control Panel/add&remove programs and uninstall it then just reinstall it. I however didn't think about the fact that I'd lose everything I had saved in my old Outlook acct. (All my emails, folders, contacts, etc.)!
    What I need to know is can I use "system restore" & restore back to before I uninstalled it, then try to repair Outlook, OR is there another way I can access my old outlook info (I am still using the same email as before)?!?
    PLEASE HELP! I need my folders, etc.!!! :confused:
    Thank You very much for any help!!!

2. putasolution

putasolution

Follow the instructions here on how to back up all your outlook folders

When you are satisfied that you have done that, try and repair Outlook, or remove it and re-install it

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

It could just be that the icon isn't on the desktop any more. Try going to Start / Run and put in outlook.exe

If it runs then it is still installed.

For Outlook2000/2002 -
    If the Outlook icon was removed from the desktop
    it can restored by adding in the following registry key.
    Then logoff and back on again.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{00020D75-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

Then you can either import the original PST file or just configure Outlook to use that for the Personal Folders file. My preference is to configured Outlook with the Corporate configuration since you have a lot more control of the data files.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice