op.exe loaded and Pc keeps rebooting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mabelreign

I received an email from "postcardsfrom.com" <[email protected]> saying a family member had sent me an ecard. When I clicked on the Internet address, a message on the browser page said that they were having trouble with the browser so I could not view the ecard. I returned to my home page and shortly afterwards my PC automatically rebooted without warning. As I don't usually open emails from unknown recipients, I suspected I may have a virus or spyware. I tried a complete virus scan, having to restart two or three times as the PC again rebooted itself. Eventually it completed the scan with no viruses having been found. I then tried a spyware scan, but up to now have not been able to complete this, as my PC again reboots when the scan is about 20% complete. I also noticed a new shortcut icon on my desktop, labelled "op.exe" When I did a search for this file I found it in 5 folders, 3 of which have been on my PC for several years. The other two, being PF files, were dated yesterday and today. I deleted these to my Recycle Bin, but my PC is still rebooting itself without warning, so I'm unable to complete and save any work. Would be grateful for your help, please.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online