1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

op.exe loaded and Pc keeps rebooting

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Mabelreign, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mabelreign

Mabelreign Thread Starter

I received an email from "postcardsfrom.com" <[email protected]> saying a family member had sent me an ecard. When I clicked on the Internet address, a message on the browser page said that they were having trouble with the browser so I could not view the ecard. I returned to my home page and shortly afterwards my PC automatically rebooted without warning. As I don't usually open emails from unknown recipients, I suspected I may have a virus or spyware. I tried a complete virus scan, having to restart two or three times as the PC again rebooted itself. Eventually it completed the scan with no viruses having been found. I then tried a spyware scan, but up to now have not been able to complete this, as my PC again reboots when the scan is about 20% complete. I also noticed a new shortcut icon on my desktop, labelled "op.exe" When I did a search for this file I found it in 5 folders, 3 of which have been on my PC for several years. The other two, being PF files, were dated yesterday and today. I deleted these to my Recycle Bin, but my PC is still rebooting itself without warning, so I'm unable to complete and save any work. Would be grateful for your help, please.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice