Opeing Ports in Zone Alarm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Angelus

Hi,

I need to open the following ports:
[TCP] 40000 - 43000 included inbound-outbound
[UDP] 44000 inbound-outbound
[UDP] 45000 inbound-outbound
[UDP] 45001 inbound-outbound

to play Splinter Cell online. The only problem is i haven't a clue how to. I have the trial version of zonealarms and in the help file for unblocking ports it says to click "custom" but theres no custom button anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

According to a couple of threads at the ZA Forum, the free version does not have the ability to open specific ports. Only the Plus or Pro versions can do it.

Angelus

Tried a few other firewalls and cant seem to find a way to open specfic ports......

If you are using the Zone Alarm Pro trial, then go to the Firewall panel main tab, click on 'custom', then scroll down to 'allow incoming/outgoing TCP or UDP, check the box, then enter the port numbers you wish to open. Togg is correct that this option is not available in the free version.

You might be successful in playing the game be lowering the internet security slider to medium while playing then back to high when your finished.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online