Open Firefox maximized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

asdfght5

I'm using the Firefox browser version 1.5 and Thunderbird email version 1.0.2 on Windows XP Pro.

For a long time, when I would click on a link in a received email, the browser would open a new tab and the browser window would be Maximized.

A month or so ago I guess I must have unknowingly changed some parameter somewhere and now when I click on a link in an email, the browser opens in a new tab as before, but most of the time the browser window opens in a Normal mode, i.e., it does not occupy the full screen. Some links do open it Maximized, most do not.

How can I return to those thrilling days of yesteryear when the email link ALWAYS opened a new tab in the MAXIMIZED browser?

I asked this question in the Mozilla support forum for both Firefox and Thunderbird, got nowhere with it.

Thanks.

When the Firefox window opens, have you tried to grab the lower right corner with the dotted triangle and manually stretch the window? Then close the window with the X in the upper right corner. It should remember it's size.

asdfght5

Thank you, that's a work around that I've been using.

I was hoping that someone out there in the world would know how to make the Thunderbird/Firefox combo open a new tab, Maximized.

Usually the browser is already running Maximized when I open an email link. It always opens the link in a new tab, but usually in a Normal instead of a Maximized window :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online