Open GL for a SiS 540 Vid Card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheHardwareTec

I have a SiS 540 AGP on board vid card that had the ability to share up to 64 megs of ram to it and am running it on Windows XP. (although I am currently only sharing 32 megs to it) My problem is that every once in a while I will get a error when trying to run a game. The error is: "GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem" It only seems to do it with some games as I can run some other modern high end games quite fine. Has anyone come up a Open GL driver that will work on Windows XP and supports the SiS 540 Vid Card? Please feel free to e-mail me if you wish.

Thanks

Is your vid card AGP or on board? (it can't be both) If It is on board you most likely don't even have a AGP port.

I looked through the ms knowledge base earlier today and didn't find anything on your error... but I will keep looking. Hopefully someone else will jump in on this one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online