1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Open GL for a SiS 540 Vid Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheHardwareTec, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheHardwareTec

TheHardwareTec Thread Starter

I have a SiS 540 AGP on board vid card that had the ability to share up to 64 megs of ram to it and am running it on Windows XP. (although I am currently only sharing 32 megs to it) My problem is that every once in a while I will get a error when trying to run a game. The error is: "GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem" It only seems to do it with some games as I can run some other modern high end games quite fine. Has anyone come up a Open GL driver that will work on Windows XP and supports the SiS 540 Vid Card? Please feel free to e-mail me if you wish.

Thanks

2. deuce

deuce

Is your vid card AGP or on board? (it can't be both) If It is on board you most likely don't even have a AGP port.

3. TheHardwareTec

TheHardwareTec Thread Starter

Yep, according to my IBM spec's, it says: "Video chip SiS 540 integrated AGP 4X"

4. deuce

deuce

I looked through the ms knowledge base earlier today and didn't find anything on your error... but I will keep looking. Hopefully someone else will jump in on this one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59278

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice