1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Open my NAT on my router to play xbox live

Discussion in 'Networking' started by crazyirish112, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyirish112

crazyirish112 Thread Starter

I have a Netgear router model WGR614v10 and att motorola modem and my NAT is strict. I have tried everything from port forwarding and nothing worked. Also i even tried just going to wan settings on my netgear router and just change it to open and still wouldn't work. Can anyone help me and make the instructions easy for someone who isn't a very good tech person?

2. huggie54

huggie54

Try this to have your NAT as open is to make sure DHCP is enabled in the router and make sure the 360 does NOT have a static IP. I cleared all the LIVE ports i was told to forward and don't have the 360 IP in the DMZ (the 360's IP is now set as dynamic and not static). Finally make sure UPnP is enabled and reboot the router. Works fine now and have no restrictions on using XBox Live.

3. crazyirish112

crazyirish112 Thread Starter

well made sure the DHCP was enabled and UPnP was enabled. I didn't see that the xbox had a static ip address and i deleted all the port forwardings and reboot the router and for some reason it still won't work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice