1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Open nat on Netgear router WGR614v10

Discussion in 'Networking' started by crazyirish112, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crazyirish112

crazyirish112 Thread Starter

hi
    I have a netgear router model wgr614v10 and a ATT motorola modem. I've been trying everything to open my nat so i can get my xbox live to work better. I've tried portforwarding, enabling UPnP, enabling DHCP, and more. Can anyone help with my problem. Also i'm not the best at this stuff so if it was easy instructions that would be perfererred.

2. Pasko

Pasko

3. crazyirish112

ya I've tried portforwarding all of those ports and nothing happens.

4. Pasko

Pasko

Did you also look for something like:
    " Remove the checkmark from the Block Anonymous Internet Requests checkbox. "

Please double check all the configuration steps. Port forwarding is what should get the job done, if you configure it correctly.

5. crazyirish112

the problem is it is setting it up on a linkys router and everything on there is pretty different from the netgear. Is there a portforwarding page for a netgear router?

6. Pasko

Pasko

7. crazyirish112

okay i updated my firmware too, but on the portforwarding website it says that i can't forward these ports without having a static ip for my computer.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972486

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice