1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Open NAT type?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kcajam96, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kcajam96

kcajam96 Thread Starter

Hey guys!

Just this last year I moved away from home into my own apartment. I have been gaming with my friends as usual on my PS4 up until last week. One of my friends got online and as we joined into party chat, my PS4 said we could not use chat due to my NAT type. So I checked my network and it says I have a type 3 NAT. I have tried everything to change this, including creating a static IP for my PS4, forwarding the ports, turning DMZ on etc. etc. but it just won't go down to 2. Hell, I'd be happy with 1 a this point. So, I plugged my ethernet cable from my PS4 directly to the wall outlet for the internet, and I am STILL getting type 3 NAT. So, I'm assuming it's either an issue with my PS4 or maybe an issue with my apartments ISP.

Just wondering if anybody has any ideas on what to do? I would sure appreciate it!

Thanks!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

do you mean you get internet thru the apartment's internet service? and that's why there is an internet jack in your apartment wall? then it would be the apartment's main router problem.

can you ditch the apartment's internet service and get your own? that would be a solution if the above paragraph is true.

3. kcajam96

kcajam96 Thread Starter

I would have to see if I could get my own. i would assume so, but my lease is up in august so it doesn't really seem worth it.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

you don't want to live there any more ?

5. kcajam96

kcajam96 Thread Starter

No, it was a rash decision. Apartment is entirely too expensive for what you get.

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

well, in my city; basement apartments are cheaper. if you don't mind having little daylight coming in.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223050

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice