1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Open nat

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MrJ24, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrJ24

MrJ24 Thread Starter

Okay so this might sound like a simple fix but, I've tried all those and it isn't so now I'm stumped, got a mofi 4500 router with an at&t sim card slotted, I have opened ports required, even tried putting the IP address in the DMZ, tried rewriting a rule to the firewall, so I think att has a strict nat coming from the tower and I want to know if there is a work around possible

2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

There's no such thing as strict, moderate, or open NAT. These are fake constructs created by the gaming industry which have zero knowledge about networking. NAT is just network address translation. The stupid descriptions of strict or moderate relates to firewall rules.

3. MrJ24

MrJ24 Thread Starter

Regardless that doesn't help but thanks for your input, Be that as it may it still doesn't change the fact that when I've rewritten rules in the firewall to allow for an "open NAT" they are still blocking the needed ports from opening

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice