Open nat

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MrJ24

Okay so this might sound like a simple fix but, I've tried all those and it isn't so now I'm stumped, got a mofi 4500 router with an at&t sim card slotted, I have opened ports required, even tried putting the IP address in the DMZ, tried rewriting a rule to the firewall, so I think att has a strict nat coming from the tower and I want to know if there is a work around possible

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
There's no such thing as strict, moderate, or open NAT. These are fake constructs created by the gaming industry which have zero knowledge about networking. NAT is just network address translation. The stupid descriptions of strict or moderate relates to firewall rules.

MrJ24

Regardless that doesn't help but thanks for your input, Be that as it may it still doesn't change the fact that when I've rewritten rules in the firewall to allow for an "open NAT" they are still blocking the needed ports from opening

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online