1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Open Office 2.4

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by andyplira, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyplira

andyplira Thread Starter

Hello
    I Run The Open Office Suite Since 1999 And Generally Its As Good As Ms Effort, But I Have One Serious Problem With Ver 2.4 :-

If I Open A Word Doc And Enter Txt Then The Speller In Writer Highlights An Error, If I Right Click For Suggestions And Correction The Pc Goes Into A Long Burst Of Disk Thrashing And The App Becomes Non Responsive, Then Eventually It Clears Its Throat And Continues As If Nothing Happened (no Spelling Either)

I Did Try The Oop Forums And Even Mailed The Guy Attributed With Writing The Spell Checker But Never Even Got A Reply, So Please Cast Some Light On The Matter For Me. Nb: If I Select Spelling From The Menu Manualy It Will Work And Whilst Calc Had The Same Problem In Ver 2.3 Its Fixed In 2.4.

Hp-compaq Microtower 3000
    P4
    512mb
    2 X 80gb Hdd
    Xp-sp2 + All Qfe Etc

2. Stanhope

Stanhope

Maybe try a reinstall? Also you might want to check for maybe spell checker addons.

3. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

You could also check and see if there's a way to stop each word in a sentence starting with a capital letter - or does that only happen in TSG?
    Joking aside, using capitals for every word does make it difficult to read, particularly with the lack of puntuation.

Richard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice