1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Open Office closes

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by wordswort, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wordswort

wordswort Thread Starter

I use windows vista on a Curry's Esystem laptop 6 years old. Open office suddenly refuses to open, so all my documents are inaccessible. I tried wonloading it agai but Windows thinks I still have OO so it stalls the download process just before its end. I want to delete 'my' OO and then download it from scratch. Are there any problems you might see with that course of action? Deleting it won't be a problem : I use Revo which wihich will de-install anything.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you uninstalled using control panel>uninstall programs ?

3. wordswort

wordswort Thread Starter

No, I haven't de-installed anything yet, that was original questiojn : am i causing more problems by de-installilng Open office then reinstalling from scratch? If I do de-install it I'll use Revo, control panel deinstall is cumbersome, and if the programme doesn't want to be deleted it can dig its heels in. If you doubt that, try deinstalling MSWorks and all its hangers-on using control panel and see what happens.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    no should not be a problem de-installing and then re-installing

I use Revo a lot for uninstalling programs - it uses the same function as control panel to start with anyway, and then will also clear files and registry entries depending on which option you choose

5. wordswort

wordswort Thread Starter

Thanks, etaf, i'll deinstall and reinstall, see what happens. Kind of you to come back so promptly.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice