open office format issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GaryRobison

when i copy an open office document saved as .doc, to a flash drive, and move it to a window7 pc, with open office installed on it also. i open the document, and the formatting seems to be off. the page on the windows7 pc does not match the page on the xp system, there seems to be additional lines. so the first page takes a page and 1/2 on the windows7 .....

when i take the same flash drive back to the xp system, it is fine.

both systems running OO 2.0

Check your formatting on the Windows 7 PC. It sounds like you either have extra space between the lines or the margins are too wide. Maybe both!

GaryRobison

both are set the same. line spacing and margins. single line on xp and win7, 1 inch margins on xp and win7.

GaryRobison

lol.... that's why I posted here. the only difference I can see is the XP and Windows 7 aspect.

I obviously didn't express myself very well. HOW is the Windows 7 version different from the XP version? If the lines are the same length, the fonts are the same size & type, and the margins are the same on both, what does that leave? I can't visualize your problem.

GaryRobison

ok, page 1 is fine, but when it goes to page 2, there are extra lines, throwing the rest of the document out of kilter. when i take it back to the XP system, the lines are gone. and the document appears fine.

And yet it isn't set for double space or 1.5 space? Have you tried to remove the extra line spacing?

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
Turn on the non printable characters (by clicking the backward P) and then post a screen shot of both.

GaryRobison

will violate hippa laws, can not do this. i would have to redact a lot of text.

i do have a question, will upgrading to the latest version help. currently running 2.0 OO.

2.0 is pretty old, currently 3.2 series

If that doesn't solve it, you can always go back to 2.0 by just uninstalling 3.2.

I'd try it
letchworth

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online