Open Office Writer Insert text below last row of table

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

andynic 🎂

It's my birthday!
In an Open Office Writer document, I made a two row two column table. It won't let me put the insert cursor just under the table on the same page. How do I do this without having to put the text on the next page?

In the attachment test.odt, I want the line "Are there any announcements" to appear just under the table on the preceding page (page 1).

Thanks for your help.
PS. For some reason, I can't attach test.odt. So I changed it to test.doc (from within Open Office Writer saving it as a Word 97/2000/XP (.doc) -- but I am not using any version of MS Word on my Mac.

Attachments

Delete the page break between the pages. I fixed your test.doc I used LibreOffice.

Attachments

andynic 🎂

It's my birthday!
That didn't work for me because I could not find "Delete Page Break" in any of the Open Office Writer menus. But you gave me an idea that solved the problem. Note: Opening the document in pages changed a great deal of format. But what I did is
1. Copy form the Open Office Writer document the table and along with part of the next page.
2. Pasted that into Pages.
3. Achieved the desired format, that is the text line directly under the table.
4. Copied that from Pages and pasted it into the Open Office document above the table.
5. Deleted the old table and line on the next page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online