1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Open on startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Kula, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kula

Kula Thread Starter

I want to add a program to startup, so it opens when Windows does. Where do I put it in Windows XP. I've tried the Startup programs folder, but that just puts it on the Startup menu.

Rob

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

3. Kula

Kula Thread Starter

Thanks telecom. I've another minor problem also. Somehow the day has appeared with the time in my system tray. How can I change that, so it just reads the time?

4. telecom69

Start/Settings/Control panel/DATE AND TIME deals with that cant imagine whats gone wrong to cause that :D usually just the time appears in the system tray and when you drag your mouse onto the time the date appears above it suppose you could try resetting the time and date that might put it right perhaps?

5. Kula

Kula Thread Starter

No, that just lets me set the date and time, not how it's displayed. I don't know what's gone wrong either. Someone else has been on my pc at work, and now I'm have quite a few problems.

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The day will always display if the task bar is pulled up to double width or more to give it enough room.

Grab the top edge with the mouse and take it down to normal. If it won't move, right click and make sure its not locked.

7. Kula

Kula Thread Starter

The task bar is at it's lowest, so that's not the answer.

8. telecom69

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice