Open Source / Freebies Help?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Covenant

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and downloaded Firefox and Thunderbird...Although I am incredibly uncomfortable with both programs (10 years of using IE and Outlook will do that to you) I can see why everyone would always rave about them. In a few weeks I'm sure I'll be incredibly thankful that I downloaded them.

Please post recommendations for similar programs I could download to replace Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.

I'm not looking for trialware. I want something that is "just as good". I love both Word and Excel, but would of course be happy to know of a free alternative.

Thanks,

Stoner

Banned
Depends, I suppose, on the depth of complexity you need from an Excell replacement, but for me Spread 32 works well. Originally written for 9x, I think it runs on 2K/XP but not sure.
It opens with a small nag screen...but there is no time limit and it is offered as a free app.
It is incredably small....292k

see: http://www.xtort.net/office/spreadsheet.php
Bottom of page.

Also check out Floppy office at the same site for other small office apps that collectively fit on a floppy:
http://www.xtort.net/office/floppyoffice.php
I've not tried any of these, other than Spread32 that is included in that download

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online