1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

open with window

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by investbest4u, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. investbest4u

investbest4u Thread Starter

I downloaded a file that I thought was an .mp3 file, but it was a .map file and when i double clicked it to open it a window opened that said "Open With" ... I clicked on windows media player and got an error that said that it was not supported. ... I susequently discovered it was a Real Player file. ... Question, how do i change the file to open in Real Player?

[email protected]
    :confused:

2. Moby

Moby

What Windows have you got?
    If you right click the file, open with, and choose real player from the list, that'll make real player play it, check the "always use this programme . . . .. " box to keep real player it's player. If it's a real file that is, it doesn't sound familiar, could be wrong though.

3. Sancho

Sancho

you may have to hold SHIFT while you right click the file to see "Open With" option. it depends what version of windows you got.

4. investbest4u

investbest4u Thread Starter

oops it is not a .map file it is a .ram file lol i such a duh

right clicking on the file only gives me the option to open... does not give me the option to open with

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167706

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice