1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OpenDNS Blocks

Discussion in 'Networking' started by anthonxy, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anthonxy

anthonxy Thread Starter

I need to access websites at work blocked by OpenDNS. My company recently installed the OpenDNS web securities system in order to stop adult content/games from being accessible at work. However, OpenDNS blocks EVERYTHING including email, forums, tech sites, their own site, etc. Going to the network admin is not an option. I know whitelists would fix this, but that requires the OpenDNS login details. Is there any way at all to bypass this without being able to log in to the router? If not a software, is there a physical solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We use Netgear routers if that is any help. Thank you.

2. srhoades

srhoades

We do not assist with getting around workplace security.

3. anthonxy

anthonxy Thread Starter

Its not workplace security, its workplace work prevention...

4. geek117

geek117

OpenDNS has a long list of categories that can be blocked, some of which would include tech sites and forums. This would have to be resolved by the network admin... but I am curious, why is going to the network admin not an option?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Too bad, 'cause getting or offering help for bypassing company restrictions is not an option here. Closing.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice