1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OpenDNS

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by stuarta, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuarta

stuarta Thread Starter

Hi,

Sorry I don't know if anyone here has any experience with OpenDNS, but then I think y problem would be with standard DNS assignment.

I have one main office, call it office 1, that has ISA installed so majority of items are covered. This office also hosts our Exchange server.

Office's 2,3 & 4 all talk back to Office 1 via VPN and access for Exchange.

The DNS address on Office 2 local machines are set as Server in Office 2 first then Office 1 Server. I obviously have to have the local server in each office as the first DNS address and then add the OpenDNS addresses on that server as 2nd and 3rd.

However, what I want to be able to do is exempt particular users/computers from the OpenDNS settings and therefore have access to sites that other's have blocked.

I did test given these users static IP's but then I had to use the local DNS address which then repointed to the OpenDNS ones.

I'm kind of stuck at the moment that I can blanket it for all users, but need to get these particular users, mainly managers, free of it.

Not sure if it's something that can be done with AD. Hopefully you guys can advise.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice