1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OpenGL Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by RTerranM, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RTerranM

RTerranM Thread Starter

I have problems with OpenGL games. They play normally for about five to ten minutes before either closing or restarting the computer. At first I thought that the problems are just the lack of OpenGL.dll files in the c:\windows\system folder, but when I downloaded some dll files for that the games still shut down, though they didn't restart the computer anymore...

I don't know what to do anymore...

2. pjhutch

pjhutch

3. RTerranM

RTerranM Thread Starter

S3G/VIA KM400, it's on the motherboard. As for the checker thanks...

4. RTerranM

RTerranM Thread Starter

Mrhhm, OpenGL Extensions program shows that OpenGL is v1.2, the graphics card/chipset is KM400/KN400/MMX/K3D. My PC is capable enough to play any game, the problem is with OpenGL itself. As soon as I play any game that uses OpenGL rendering and such, it will crash five to ten minutes into the game, usually colsing it or restarting the CPU.

5. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Just to note, no, your PC is not good enough to play any game. The spec you have posted is definitely at the lower end, I am afraid. The chipset is old, and the on board graphics you name are about equal to an old 4 series Nvidia card. A lot of games will have problems with the 400 series, and I would guess this may well be the same thing. If you can find a graphics card you can use, and it appears the motherboard is a 4x/8x AGP socket, you may find a better performance available.
    exactly which games are crashing? If you can give a few examples, might be able to look for a solution.

6. RTerranM

RTerranM Thread Starter

Mostly Half-Life, Blue Shift, Opposing force and such.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice