1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opening A Samsung R530 Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fixings, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fixings

Fixings Thread Starter

Hi all,

I've never ventured inside a laptop before and I am having problems getting into my Samsung R530 notebook.

The reason I want inside it is to get to the fan as it is in desperate need of a good clean (hopefully) or replaced...

I have unscrewed all the bottom of it but I think there may be a screw or several underneath the keyboard. I tried looking for some tips on YouTube but it was quite fruitless... The closest I got was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXfRN9I3FIk

But it didn't pop out as simply as it does in this video

I know this may be a long shot but hopefully someone can advise me... I can provide some images of my laptop if necessary

Cheers!

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I would take it somewhere and see if it can just have any dust or whatever cleaned out first and go from there. if you dont feel comfortable doing yourself let someone who knows how to do it work on it or have them show you how.laptops for me are much easier to work on but some things i wont even touch like the ram or anything near the board because one false move and ill have a bigger problem than what i started with.

3. gberger

gberger

The person loosening the keyboard in this video is doing it at specific locations where there are tabs that have to be moved to get the keyboard out. Unless you are specifically hitting those tabs it won't pop out. Try again carefully using a small flashlight. It should come out easily once you find them.

4. Fixings

Fixings Thread Starter

Yes, the F3, F8 and PrtScn keys seem to be the ones with tabs, but it's not just popping out like it does in this video :(

5. gberger

gberger

Before going any further, if you think the fan needs cleaning I assume you are having overheating problems? If so, you might try blowing out the vents with compressed air before trying to get inside. Removing the keyboard is not a big deal, or shouldn't be, but may prove unnecessary. If you still need to get to the internals, i found these instructions, they contain an additional step to remove the bezel which might help:
    http://www.batterycenturys.com/samsung-r530-keyboard-p-246205.html

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1077276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice