1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opening a specific folder prompts a Windows Explorer error message.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kgf, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kgf

kgf Thread Starter

Hello,

As mentioned in the title, I've recently encountered problems while opening the folder in which I download files to. What's different from what I've experienced in the past, is that this error doesn't pop up for any other drive/folder but this specific part of the directory. So I'm wondering is it possible to cut the files to a new folder and delete/avoid this folder? Or are my problems greater than something as simple as this?

Background info:
    While attempting to upgrade the expansion for WoW: Burning Crusade, I wasn't able to more or less for the fact that my original drive that came with the computer (dell 2001) is starting to fall apart. ie. corrupt file packets I believe it was. This folder is in the same hard drive, so it just possible that the hard drive is going to randomly do this until it completely malfunctions? Or have I downloaded malware of some sort that was never detected? I've run ad-aware, S&D, Anti-Trojan, Symantec AV multiples times making sure to do updates before each scan, but nothing has come up.

If you could please give me some ideas as to how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-kgf

2. MMJ

MMJ Guest

What does the error message say?

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

More than likely it is the last file that you downloaded into this directory and it is corrupt.

What is the filename you downloaded?

Where did you get it?

What did you download it thru?

4. kgf

kgf Thread Starter

found it guys! it was a corrupt southpark episode I was trying to download through limewire pro. thanks for your ideas. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/611254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice