Opening Access database on two computers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pengu

Hey guys I'm having trouble with an access database in two parts; it is an mdb file and an mde file. The two computers are Access 2003. The thing is they can only open the database from one computer; the other computer will not open it. I've looked online for a long time how to fix it but can't come up with a solution! The database files are located on the server. I just made a shortcut from the server for them to open on there computers.

Please any help is appreciated.

OBP

You need to check that the Server Drive & Folders all have the necessary sharing settings correctly set.
If the Computer that can open it, closes it, can the other computer then open it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online