1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opening Attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by shirjer, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shirjer

shirjer Thread Starter

When going to open an attachment, I get a box saying, "windows cannot find MailClnt.exe. This program is meeded for opening files of type EarthLink.mailmessage. Type in the executable file to be used instead."

I cancelled my EarthLink account and replaced it with Cableone. I called EarthLink with this problem and they said, "We don't show any thing open for your account any longer. We cannot help you. You need to call your new server."

I called Cableone and they said, "You need to contact EarthLink and have them remove it. Everything from EarthLink appears to be removed. I don't know why that is still there if you uninstalled EarthLink. We can't do it from here."

How do I get this off and establish association back to Outlook Express, my e-mail service?? Thanks for any and all help you can give me with this problem.

2. BillC

BillC

3. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Your earthlink account was integrated closely with Outlook Express and it changes the extension of all the files. It has not been cleanly removed.

If you have an older version of Outlook Express/Internet Explorer, upgrade to version 6.

If you already have version 6, try repairing it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice