1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opening Documents Issue

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by comtrain9, Jul 10, 2018.

1. comtrain9

comtrain9 Thread Starter

Dear Forum:

I have downloaded a number of news articles from the Web over the last two or three years, especially through the Mozilla Firefox search engine,and other various documents attached to emails, etc. I moved nearly all of them from the Download to the Documents location. Most of them (but not all) have Mozilla picture logos on them, in addition to their various titles. Unfortunately, Mozilla has since stopped working on my desktop, and my Mozilla folder has been declared "empty," so I can't use Mozilla to do anything, anymore. Something happened to my Mozilla, and I don't know what, but I don't know if that is a separate issue or not. Connected or not?

When I try to use Adobe Reader, it tells me that the Adobe program does not support just about any file I try to open from the Download or Documents page. I'm told that Microsoft Word won't open any document that wasn't written int Word format-whatever. Notepad or Wordpad gives me lists or computer code or scrambles.

What can you recommend to me, without being accused of advertising? I need help, here. Thanks. comtrain9

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
  3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Since Mozilla is not working, what browser are you currently using? What version of Windows?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice