Opening jingle with XP Home

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

qurtrn10

When I first turn on my computer and log in, instead of the standard XP jingle, can I change it to play a music file saved in my computer? I'd like to use one of the sound files from Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Thanks,
William

Yep . . Put your sound clip in C:/Windows/Media folder . . then, in Device Manager, click on Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices . . Change the Sound Scheme . . Pick the event you want to change the sound for and click on Browse . . navigate to the sound clip you want to use tor that event.

Yes, go to the Control Panel \ Sounds and audio Devices click the sounds tab and go down to Start Windows Or any other sound event and browse for another WAV file. It has to be a WAV file.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online