1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opening .jpg's in PSP from a network drive

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Burnzey, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Burnzey

Burnzey Thread Starter

Hi everyone, first post here hope someone can help!

I work for a tech support team in an office, and ive come across an issue im stumped on. A user stores some photo's in a networked drive and when he tries to access them in paint shop pro by double clicking them in the network drive it won't access them. The file association is fine, and to make this confusing if you open PSP itself, and use the open option within the app and point it towards the file (the same file/path etc) it opens fine!

any ideas, further info needed??

2. Burnzey

Burnzey Thread Starter

oh, and someone in the same office can use the same file(s) on the same drive correctly without a problem.

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

You didn't mention which version is being used but there is a bug in PSP 9 that caused these exact symptoms where trying to open the file with the double-click method on the associated file from outside the application caused an error message and failed to load the image even though PSP 9 started. The update also failed to remedy this situation.

4. Burnzey

Burnzey Thread Starter

cheers mate, it is PSP 9 - but as I put, someone else in the same office, also using psp 9 CAN access without a problem - is it an intermittant fault, would a remove/reinstall work?

5. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I was hoping you were going to say the version that did work was 8 or 10 because I never got 9 to work on 3 different systems even with the 9.01 update which specifically addressed the problem in the release notes.

All computers are not created equally though and it must have worked on the testing machines right? You can try to uninstall/reinstall and apply the update but I wouldn't be too optimistic based on my luck.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice