opening lid of dell laptop after sleep cancels wifi connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

starnelka

Vow
This side of computing is a complete mystery to me so I hope someone can help. Up until recently when I've closed the lip of my Dell Inspiron 1720 it goes to sleep and re-awakes when I open it. That's fine, that's what I want. However, now when I open the lid again my connection has gone - it's shown as a circular orange flash on the taskbar - and won't return until I close down and start up again. I've looked in Control Panel and Windows tells me that two drivers are causing a problem:

nVidia Windows kernel Mode driver, version 270.61
USB Mass Storage. (This is most probably the LaCie external hard drive but I'm not totally sure.)

I use FF, my OS is Win7 and I have Malwarebytes and Avast.

If someone needs me to show a screenshot or needs to know anything else please tell me how and where to look, preferably in words of one syllable! Like I said I know nothing about the inner workings of a pc.
Many thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online