1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opening NAT for AT&T's LTE network?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bluemetal04, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bluemetal04

bluemetal04 Thread Starter

I occasionally like to play online games, but it gets very difficult to do so, especially on the Nintendo Switch. I use a Netgear LB1120 as the LTE modem, and a Netgear WI-FI router connected to that. Using AT&T's unlimited data, it works very well together, but the problem is that we have strict NAT, so it can be very difficult to play with others. Games like fortnite works fine, but games like Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart just refuses to work with strict NAT. I tried everything I can think of, and even did a thorough research online for possible solutions, but nothing worked. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Different games use different ports to communicate. But the first thing for you to do is to set your console to have a Static IP. I don't know the device so I can't tell you how. But, remember that it needs to be in the same subnet as your other DHCP devices. And preferably outside the DHCP scope.

I did find a link HERE, that describes how to forward all ports to your Nintendo. However, I, personally, would never forward every single port to a device. I'd figure out which ports each game uses and forward those. As in case of "Super Smash Bros". That uses the following TCP ports

IP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920

It may also use UDP ports? But those I'm not sure of.

Good Luck.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    AT&T unlimited data? Are you using your phone as the hotspot/internet connection?

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Nicely noticed Couriant . That totally slipped by me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!