1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

opening pic files

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mrsnoodle, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrsnoodle

mrsnoodle Thread Starter

Hi there..I am unable to open my picture files which are located in "my document"-"my pictures" folder. this only happened yesterday..i was able to open them before...HELP!!
    Thanks

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Welcome!

Why can you not open them?
    Any error message would be helpful.

If it is "access denied" have you logged on with your normal log-on?

3. mrsnoodle

mrsnoodle Thread Starter

there wasnt any error message..its just before i could always "double click" on the file and it would open and now that doesnt happen.....

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

ight click a file - open with- chose program - check always

5. mrsnoodle

mrsnoodle Thread Starter

OK..when i do a right click i get: Send to, cut, copy, scan with Norton, create shortcut, delete, rename......

6. mrsnoodle

mrsnoodle Thread Starter

The little icon thinghy beside them has cahnged to a microsoft symbol..not sure what it used to be....i can open them if i open up my vue print pro program and find them in there...i want to be able to open them from "my documents" as i always did before.....

7. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

What OS

8. 911

Go to "Folder Options" (START> Settings>Control Panel) and select the 'File Types" tab. You will see a list of all filetypes in your system. Scroll down to the type of file that you are concerned about (Jpeg, Gif, Bmp, etc.) Select the filetype by clicking on it. Under the window there is a description of what program is designated to open it. Click the "Change" button and select the program you want from the list that appears.

If the Filetype is not in the list, it may be unique to your Photo program , and you can add it to the list by clicking the "New" button, and typing it into the box that will appear. Post back if you encounter any problems.

9. Concorde

Concorde

if the right click didn't work, "shift + right-click" should give u the "open with" option

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice