1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

opening ports on efficient 5200 router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Ldr.DEVIL~DS, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ldr.DEVIL~DS

Ldr.DEVIL~DS Thread Starter

i have a efficient 5200 router and i need help opening ports.... the tech support dosn't know how to help if you can get anyone on the phone.........

2. Del

Del

What ports are you trying to open.
    The modem usually doesn't block any ports and the ISP's normally only block file and printer sharing to protect the users.
    The 5200 is the new dual ethernet / usb modem. Seems to work like a charm.
    :confused:

3. gkimble

gkimble Account Disabled

Your 5200 is NOT a router. It's just a plain old modem. There are no ports to open. Are you trying to use a VPN ? Explain your situation more and maybe we can help.

4. Ldr.DEVIL~DS

WELL I HAVE THE GAME DELTA FORCE LAND WARRIOR AND BEFORE I GOT DSL I USED 56K MODEM AND THE GAME WORKED JUST FINE. NOW I CAN ONLY PLAY NOVAWORLD HOSTED GAMES I CANNOT PLAY PUBLIC GAMES OR HOST ANY GAMES AT ALL. PLEASE HELP........

5. Del

Del

Do you have to provide an IP address to play the way you used to?

6. Ldr.DEVIL~DS

NO I DON'T........

7. Del

Del

Sorry if you have poor eyesight, but when you type in all caps it's considered yelling and not in good taste, if you have trouble seeing, I apologize.

8. Ldr.DEVIL~DS

Sorry if i offended you i didn't do it on purpose.........anyway i can't get the 5200 to let me play the game. If i can't set ports on it then how do i get it to work. efficient said to have my provider change the setings since the router is a dual mode or something like that.............please help..........again my appologies

9. Del

Del

Try this:
    Go to http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/ :

Download StartupList 1.51

After unzipping the file, run it. You will see a text file displayed. Copy/paste the file directly to a reply. To copy/paste, when the file is open, click Edit>Select All > Edit > Copy and then right click on a reply window here and select "paste".

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice