Opening the NAT type

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PrivatePC

1) On COD Black Ops 2 my NAT is Strict (PC). My brothers PS Vita is NAT type 3 when he needs NAT type 2 for COD.

2) I have been searching forever to try and fix this problem. :mad: I have tried port forwarding, triggering, and changing UPNP settings. (ALSO I now have Netgear Ginune router instead of a Cisco router.

3) http://forums.techguy.org/games/1062373-solved-mw3-nat-strict.html
Changing into bridged mode and public IP worked, but every twenty minutes I would freeze ingame and then come back dead. :mad:
(Also I tried changing the IP settings later on again but the internet wouldnt work at all! PPPOE)

4) I have contacted my ISP for support and they didn't really do anything besides tell me I have a Dominate IP address.
If anyone can get me so info on what to do, it'd be really appreciated.

Try dmz hosting the ip of your PS Vita. That makes a "demiliterized zone" which all ports are unblocked and it is should have a completely open NAT.

Oh, also that is a BAD thing to do for PC's because they can become infected, but there are no viruses for a PSVita....

PrivatePC

I wouldn't understand how to do any of that. You'd have to walk me through it.

PrivatePC

I actually just got it fixed. I got my modem in bridged mode and that seemed to fix it for the Vita and my PC. I am facing another problem that has been happening for a few days. My modem will reconnect itself every two hours. I tried resetting, unplugging power and reconnecting, and trying different cables.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Dominate? You mean Static IP? (I assume that as if you have PPPoE it means the ISP gave you the IP address). If I am correct, the DMZ will not work as you will need the ISP to give you a dynamic IP and since they (if i am right) gave you the specific IP address (static) then you will not be able to get an IP address via the DMZ.

Port forwarding is the only thing you can do. Besides I have a PS3 that says it's NAT Type 3 and it still works online.

PrivatePC

I meant dynamic. And i got it working just fine. It's just I think there is something wrong with either the modem or my line because it is disconnecting every two hours or so. I called the ISP a few times and they have nothing really to say besides it's coming from my end. I may open another thread and see if anyone else can help..

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
don't open up another thread, just get this moved to networking

PrivatePC

I have looked everywhere and I can't find how to move the thread :/
Anyway, I have had this problem before at my old house with a 2wire internet. I think I fixed it by getting a new modem. I will buy a new modem and see if that fixes it.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
click on report and notate to move to networking. What modem do you have?

PrivatePC

Okay cool. And i just got a Motorola. The older one i was using was westell. And this new one I just got is having problems too. Same thing. I think it's my line.

PrivatePC

The problem has been happening consistantly even before the bridge mode so I'm not sure.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online