1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opening the NAT type

Discussion in 'Networking' started by PrivatePC, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

1) On COD Black Ops 2 my NAT is Strict (PC). My brothers PS Vita is NAT type 3 when he needs NAT type 2 for COD.

2) I have been searching forever to try and fix this problem. :mad: I have tried port forwarding, triggering, and changing UPNP settings. (ALSO I now have Netgear Ginune router instead of a Cisco router.

3) http://forums.techguy.org/games/1062373-solved-mw3-nat-strict.html
    Changing into bridged mode and public IP worked, but every twenty minutes I would freeze ingame and then come back dead. :mad:
    (Also I tried changing the IP settings later on again but the internet wouldnt work at all! PPPOE)

4) I have contacted my ISP for support and they didn't really do anything besides tell me I have a Dominate IP address.
    If anyone can get me so info on what to do, it'd be really appreciated.

2. ajkane

ajkane

Try dmz hosting the ip of your PS Vita. That makes a "demiliterized zone" which all ports are unblocked and it is should have a completely open NAT.

3. ajkane

ajkane

Oh, also that is a BAD thing to do for PC's because they can become infected, but there are no viruses for a PSVita....

4. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

I wouldn't understand how to do any of that. You'd have to walk me through it.

5. ajkane

ajkane

Ok, first what is the model number of your modem?

6. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

I actually just got it fixed. I got my modem in bridged mode and that seemed to fix it for the Vita and my PC. I am facing another problem that has been happening for a few days. My modem will reconnect itself every two hours. I tried resetting, unplugging power and reconnecting, and trying different cables.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Dominate? You mean Static IP? (I assume that as if you have PPPoE it means the ISP gave you the IP address). If I am correct, the DMZ will not work as you will need the ISP to give you a dynamic IP and since they (if i am right) gave you the specific IP address (static) then you will not be able to get an IP address via the DMZ.

Port forwarding is the only thing you can do. Besides I have a PS3 that says it's NAT Type 3 and it still works online.

8. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

I meant dynamic. And i got it working just fine. It's just I think there is something wrong with either the modem or my line because it is disconnecting every two hours or so. I called the ISP a few times and they have nothing really to say besides it's coming from my end. I may open another thread and see if anyone else can help..

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    don't open up another thread, just get this moved to networking

10. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

I have looked everywhere and I can't find how to move the thread :/
    Anyway, I have had this problem before at my old house with a 2wire internet. I think I fixed it by getting a new modem. I will buy a new modem and see if that fixes it.

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    click on report and notate to move to networking. What modem do you have?

12. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

Okay cool. And i just got a Motorola. The older one i was using was westell. And this new one I just got is having problems too. Same thing. I think it's my line.

13. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    what motorola?

14. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

I think it was 3557 or something like that or 3360?

15. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

The problem has been happening consistantly even before the bridge mode so I'm not sure.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice