1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opening Web Pages in the Full Window mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Yada, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Yada

Yada Thread Starter

Please advise how I can open my web pages in the full moniter view instead of having to click on the two little boxes in the right hand corner. This really disturbs me to have to do this everytime I surf to a new website and I know there is a setting that will do this for me somewhere in my pc. Thanks for the help . Yada :)

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    F11

3. snappy_31

snappy_31

If you X out a IE explorer window when it is small windowed it will open small windowed. Please have full screen then click the X and it should open full works for me
    Peter

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

If you want to do this every time, you can simply create a shortcut that will start the Internet Explorer in Kiosk mode.

There are no menu's and all commands need to be entered though keystrokes (eg Ctrl-O to open)

Right click on an open area of the desktop
    Select New / Shortcut
    For the Command enter "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -k
    Give it any name you want

5. amnent

amnent

6. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

Everyone seems to be making this far more difficult than it really is......

Open IE
    Drag the whole window to the upper left corner of the screen
    Move your cursor down to the lower right of the window, where it will change into a double-headed arrow.
    Press and hold the shift key.
    Left-click the double headed arrow and drag it to the lower right corner of the screen.
    Release the mouse button
    Release the Shift key.
    Close the window.
    Open IE again............It will open full sized.

This works with any window (not just IE) that is re-sizable. Some are not.

7. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Sorry about misreading the original post and thinking you wanted Full Screen or Kiosk mode.

The maximizer software works great. Otherwise to have IE start maximized, try resizing the window the way you want. The close it by holding down the control key while you click on the X

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice