Opening .WP Documents

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ErieGal

I found an old disk from 1992 that has some documents on it with .wp as an extension. I can't find a program to open them. I am currently running Windows XP. Have tried opening them in Notepad, Wordpad, etc. with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

cwwozniak

Chuck
It may be a WordPerfect document file. Microsoft Word with an installed WordPerfect input filter may be able to open it. The filter may not have been installed at the time that Word was installed but can be installed later on.

Not sure what other programs, like OpenOffice, may have the ability to open a WordPerfect file.

NOTE: the .WP filename extension is also used for a few other file types:
http://filext.com/file-extension/WP

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Do you have MS Word installed?

A WP extension could be WordPerfect and Word "may" know how to open them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online