1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opera 9.6 to increase browser technology gap?

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by RootbeaR, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RootbeaR

RootbeaR Thread Starter

"Pushing a web browser into a crowded market that is dominated by Apple-, Mozilla- and Microsoft-branded browsers and sustain a certain traction is difficult. Just ask Google whose Chrome currently holds less than 1% market share after an initial surge. But the small Norwegian software developer Opera Software has been releasing Opera for desktop and mobile platforms for years, despite the fact that it probably has much less market share than it deserves and does not get enough credit for innovations and features it delivers. Opera 9.6 Beta 1 was recently released and shows that it is a serious contender."
    http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/39629/140/

2. DNA_Uncut

DNA_Uncut

3. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

I've installed 9.6 on Linux but haven't used it much. I've got 9.6b2 installed on Windows XP and hope to get 9.6GA installed next week. :)

Peace...

4. RootbeaR

RootbeaR Thread Starter

I liked your other post better. :D

5. tomdkat

LOL NO FAIR!!!! NO ONE was supposed to see that!!!! :D

Peace...

6. RootbeaR

RootbeaR Thread Starter

I'm not tellin'. ;)

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

Yeh, the original was a bit more fiery, and would have gotten more heated responses, but your good taste won out. There's enough bashing going on in the elections. (Once sent out, information becomes eternal on the net, even if you try to delete it. I wonder if that first response was already cached by some search engines.) :D

8. RootbeaR

RootbeaR Thread Starter

I'm going to have to be more careful. Just hit submit again on a thread when I meant to hit preview.

This new mouse is touchy.

I am blunt in person and my lack of typing skills(trying to keep posts short 'n' sweet) make my posts seem quite harsh sometimes(when I reread them). More so than is my intent.

9. CTPhil

CTPhil

I don't get the thrust of this thread or the cited article. Opera has been a great browser for years, how is a new version big news?

10. tomdkat

I don't know if it's "big" news but I think the new release of any browser is news worthy. Opera 9.6 brings some new features to the table as well as improvements over 9.5 and previous versions.

As for Opera increasing the "browser technology gap," Opera has always been an innovative browser even though a lot of people don't really realize that. In some cases they think Firefox was the "first" to do something when usually browsers have "borrowed" something from Opera. All this you already know but I think the article attempted to put Opera in the "limelight" for a brief moment. :)

Peace...

11. DNA_Uncut

DNA_Uncut

12. daremax

daremax

Yes I agree, Opera is really great,esppecially for begginers,few days ago an upgrade 9.61 was released. Eversince I turned to opera I`m not even considering IE,or Mozilla. Opera is my definite choice.(y)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice