Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opera 9 Beta 2 (Build 8414) Released! 5/24/06

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  jparr111 
#1 ·
Hi, Opera released Beta 2! Try it out. I downloaded it and working great. Improved CPU Issue but still testing...

Link: Download!

Have any comments you'd like to make? Feel free and I'll get back to answering.

Note: As all members know, These are Opinions! There's no reason to say that another member should go to this or... that. It's your choice to go towards which Browser. I perfer Opera for my own reasons....

1. Loads Text, Images before viewing page
2. Nice pop-blocker but not the best...
3. Clear and smooth look
4. May have a CPU Issue but the're working on it
5. To me (#1 download manager)
6. Skins and nothing more...
7. Wand! to save passwords and account name quickly and safely.

#3 ·
Yes you do. If you don't then you will be held up with Conflict and Installion problem.

#4 ·
New_Age, a month or so ago I installed Opera 8.54. And I love it. For years I used IE and then Firefox. While they are both fine, and while I still keep them on my machine, I find myself using Opera more and more. It's so smooth. And I feel more secure using it. I lack the courage to install 9 beta 2. Have always been leary of beta releases. But I will install the final version when it comes out. I'm hooked on Opera now. Don't know what took me so long. Would like to see more comments on this fine Browser from users.

Red Boy

#5 ·
Hi, Thx you for that Comment. I'll be posting the next release *** of right now :)

#7 ·
I've been using Opera for about 18 months and was so impressed that I paid to register it! I have an up to date version of Firefox as well, but only keep it as a backup.

As a 98 user I am not able to use the 'safer' and 'improved' version of IE6 SP2 (or 7), but I 'm not particularly bothered, given its lamentable record for holes and exploits.

I don't have a separate test machine or a virtual setup, so I'll pass on the beta versions until 9.0 final is available.

#9 ·
So far so good with the Beta Opera.
The only thing I've noticed is when I sign in to a site. The box that I sign in at doesn't have the vertical flashing line. Not that it's needed.
Also...
One site I visit a lot, with Netscape, was jerky if scrolling down to fast. Not with Opera.

#11 ·
Of course there are SOME sites that require IE to use. I just renewed the registration on my car tonight on line and couldn't do it with Opera. Must be a .gov thingy. Same with .mil...Guess the Government and Military are bound at the hip with IE. I haven't tried Windows Update with Opera yet. (As if)...lol.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.