1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opera and HTML feature (not displaying cartoon in email)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tuppence2, Feb 11, 2003.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest Thread Starter

Hello,

I have just started using the latest Opera Browser and Mail.

I like the Spam feature.

BUT my daily comic cartoons will not display. Apparently the HTML feature is either turned off or not supported. I cannot find the setting for HTML.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    Penny

2. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest Thread Starter

Hello,

Are there any Opera 7 users out there?

I have found the file extensions to set, under preferences, but the cartoons will still not load.

Penny.

3. DVOM

DVOM

Tuppence2, I haven't tried Opera mail, but the new Opera 7.01 will open OE when you click an email link. (if OE is set as default in Opera) So as a workaround you might try going back to OE.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I've been using Opera6, but have not used it for e-mail.

One thing you have to pay attention to is the image loading toggle switch second from the left on the address bar.

There are 3 positions to this: the first loads all images off the web; the second (with the X through it), turns off all images.

And the third, which looks almost like the first, but is slightly clipped at the bottom -- loads only those images that are already on the hard drive. Sometimes this is deceiving, because you don't know you are using it if images that are cached are being used -- but new images will not be loaded.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!