1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opera Browser Help

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by newkidtopc, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newkidtopc

newkidtopc Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    I am a big fan of Opera as i think it is the fastest one around.
    but i have one problem with this.whenever i try to login into my mail account(by going to the website) after entering the password and username when i press the "signin" button it asks me that a javascript wants to read the password.i say "no".Can anyone tell me why it gives me such messages?I dont receive it on IE6.
    Also whenever i press the buttons on the webpages including the"signin" button as previosly mentioned it asks me "do you want to send this information unencrypted over the net".If i say "no" it does not proceed further.bUt i am worried that someone might be able to read this information(especially passwords).
    Can anyone help me out?
    Any kind of help is appreciated

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Several years ago, there was a java bug that could be used to steal passwords from people logging into websites. Opera has a warning so to warn you that java is trying to read it. IE and Netscape never put a warnign in about it. I would say today that this is remote. (more likely way to steal your password would be a bug to read temporary files on your system or them hacking into the email server)

I don't worry about this.

Let me put it this way, the possibility is there, but I would say it was very remote. You have to accept some risks whenever you hook your system up to a public network like the Internet. I worry more about hackers getting into my system, because that is easier for them to do and steal information than by intercepting it by capturing packets.

3. newkidtopc

newkidtopc Thread Starter

Hey Brooks,
    Thanks for the help.I feel a lot more secure that the possibility is remote that such data can be read by others.
    I completely agree with you that when you are on the net you have to accept some risks.You could not have been more true
    Anyway what is you opinion about Opera?Have you used it?
    Any suggestions about other browsers?
    Cheers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/92322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice