1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

opera browser

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sponsor, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sponsor

sponsor Thread Starter

I recently installed Opera web browser, running fine great colors. Like to know your ideas about this browser. All the comments are welcome. Let me know about ups(y) and downs(n) of this browser. eg. security threats and things like that.

version - 6.05

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I use it as my defacto default. Great for research, many bells and whistles and doesn't have the security issues of IE.

But where did you get that version from? Opera is in the 7's now.

3. sponsor

sponsor Thread Starter

I had it for about 10 months. But never thought of installing it untill today.

4. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

I don't know what version I have, but I have had problems with it when trying to log into password sites.
    Other than that I like it.

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You should update it from the home site; there was a security issue or two patched between that version and the more recent ones.

I haven't had any unresolvable login problems, but I have found that on my bofa site, once I have entered my password I cannot use the mouse to select the login button, there is some scripting compatibility problem that makes it fail. I have to just hit "enter".

6. bassetman

Thanks Rog! ;)

7. bassetman

I did the update, but still can't get into one site with my username/PW.
    Works with MSIE though.

8. pincmonkey

pincmonkey Banned

not only is opera secure but it is also FAST! i love it and I think its one of the best browsers out there.

9. sponsor

sponsor Thread Starter

how do I update it?.

10. sponsor

sponsor Thread Starter

11. bassetman

It was a little confusing! ;)

12. sponsor

sponsor Thread Starter

naturally:D

13. buf

buf

I use the 7.23 version and give it good marks. I just try to not use everything there is available to use; just basic browser. It is fast but I haven't stopped using IE5.5 either.
    I wish that I could get ispell to install. I like that app.

14. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Bassetman, what happens when you try to login? Do you get an error message or does it just appear that nothing happens, that is you don't even see any action or attempt to connect in the status bar?

That's what happens to me. But If I don't use the mouse to select the login tab-- just type my user name and password and hit enter -- then it works!

15. buf

buf

I "know" I posted to this thread but I don't see it and I wanted to edit it. Oh well!! I have been using 7.23 intermittently with IE5.5 for several weeks now and have found Opera to be fast and pretty good. I chose not to get carried away with the extras and thus have been able to adjust to it and have learned to like it. I especially like the mouse gestures for back and forward--sure saves time and effort!!
    Just wish I could install "ispell" cause I like that spell checker. Of course, Opera has one.
    I have not tried the email feature. Have any of you? If so, would like to see your reviews. Read somewhere something that made me think Opera charges for email---or maybe it is web mail charge.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/211764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice