1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opera Browser...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by manomina, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. manomina

manomina Thread Starter

What is the best browser out there? I have heard Firefox, but I read something about Opera and was wondering what people knew about it?

Thanks!

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Opera is good, but not as advanced as Firefox. I think FF is the best, but alas, it's only my opinion. And as much as I would like to influence it on the rest of the world, maybe have thousands of Zack's running around out there, I cannot. So I'll try one at a time. <hypnotic voice>.... you are Zack .... you love Firefox .... MS Word sucks .... MS Excel is the best ....</hypnotic voice>

Okay, in all seriousness (and no I have not had my coffee this morning) there are a few top browsers out there. The major ones are Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera and Netscape. There are quite a few others as well (I've heard good things about Konquer (sp?)) and more for the Mac as well. In any case, I'm a firm Firefox lover and would encourage you to at least read their website (www.mozilla.com).

HTH

3. thumb10.40

thumb10.40

I agree firefox is great! It is very straightforward and it doesn't do things behind your back.

4. Alex45

Alex45

As a previous reply to your message commented, Opera is good, no question, but FF is better because of two features, a) an utmost adaptability (serch the Web, "speeding up FF) and b) hundreds of extensions you can download from Mozilla site.

Alex45

5. manomina

manomina Thread Starter

I believe I just read an article that listed in this order....Firefox, Opera, IE7 and then something else...... I agree, FF all the way.

Thanks for your input!

6. Lareux

Lareux

I have had FireFox for a few years now, and tell everyone I know to get it. Only problem is that some web developers have not caught on, and you will still need IE for some of these.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/527994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice