1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opera Compatibility

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by seekermeister, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seekermeister

seekermeister Thread Starter

When loading a new page, Opera doesn't check for new data, it just reloads the page from memory and it is necessary to reload every page to see the current information. Since this is not a characteristic of the browser, and does not happen elsewhere, there must be something about the design of the website that makes this occur. I'm forced to use Firefox when coming here, and I really don't like Firefox. Please have your webdesigner look at this.

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I don't think there's anything we can do to force your browser to actually check the page... it sounds like an Opera, but maybe it does something different than FireFox, IE, etc?

3. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

I've been having this problem too. I think you need to send a header that says Cache-control: private to stop the browser from saving it.

4. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I can't believe that Opera will require that of every site -- they've got to have an option on the client side... or they should. ;)

5. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Actually, you can go to opera:config and uncheck the "Cache docs" settings.

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

While we're talking about Opera, I've got an odd problem - I don't see ads in IE or Firefox but Opera shows them even though I still have the bigger PM box (1000 instead of 200).

7. pooladdict2

pooladdict2

Try checking your firefox settings and make sure the load images option is checked. Go to tools...options...click the content option...in the content box, make sure the load images option is checked.

8. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Heh, I'm not trying to get the ads to show. The User CP says I have a paid subscription but the ads show up in Opera anyway.

9. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    You crazy Opera users will be the death of me... but I'll check it out anyway. ;)

10. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Well I don't think its Opera's fault...a paid subscription shouldn't be serving ads (I never donated but there's a paid subscription listed in my preferences.)

11. brindle

brindle

It's only this site that behaves as the Op stated.
    Brett

12. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I just made a little change in our code, but don't have Opera on this computer. Let me know if that helped. If not, I'll check it out on my other system soon. :)

13. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

I'm not getting ads anymore. THanks

14. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    No problem; thanks for your patience. :)

15. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Hey Hex...think about what you're saying. Someone else donated $20 in my name (you wouldn't know that because it's none of your business, but Mike knows because I asked him where the subscription came from when it showed up 6 months ago :rolleyes:)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice