1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opera, Mozilla, AIM Spell check !!

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by Rhettman5.1, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1 Thread Starter

I found THIS in the new Freeware book.
    It is a tray based spell-checker that works in most all web based forms.
    It even works in AIM, although I had trouble with MS Messenger.

Unlike other spell-checkers, it checks as you type, when you hear a tone, click the tray icon for a correct spelling.

No spy-ware, and it has a uninstall feature, highly configurable ...check it out...Rhett

2. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest

Hello Rhettman,

Sounds really good. Will download it now and try it. I have Mozilla and Opera, so will see if it works with them.

Bye,
    Penny.

3. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Sounds good for web pages, but don't u think that 4 alot of ppl an instnt. msg. spell check is kinda useless 2 them 4 w/e reason?

4. Rhettman5.1

Spell check in instant massaging IS kind of silly what with all the slang used, however it just sounds a tone , it doesn't force you to change anything, and a right click on the Icon and you can turn it off.

I also found it handy in that it has a spelling window you can open, if you're not sure of a words spelling, just type it in and it will give you the correct options...must faster than a dictionary... Rhett :)

5. Rhettman5.1

I noticed a BIG drain on my resources this AM, I was running at 21% and as the spell check was all I had downloaded, I uninstalled it...resources jumped to 77%...keep an eye on it, you can uninstall it from add remove programs...may have jumped the gun on recomending this...Rhett

6. Corrosive

Corrosive

It might not work for some of the apps mentioned, but I find that Google is a great spellchecker. Do a search for the word you're looking for and see if it corrects you.

7. KatieKat

KatieKat Guest

oh that is nice. Thank you for the link. :)

8. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

I've been useing tinyspell for a few months now.. All you do is type a word. If your not sure about it, highlight the word and copy it. Then right click on the icon in the tray if t's yellow, a list pops up allowing you to select the word you want to use, it even replaces the word for you. I have found it to not increase the drain on the CPU at any noticeable level, and it seems to work in every application I have tried it in.. It's really a great tip,, Please everybody, try it out, if you don't like it delete it, but do try it out..

9. randombox

randombox

Google Labs has a very neat and very powerful DICTIONARY, that is not advertised!

They even call it a "glossary" rather than an online dictionary!:p

I hate to yak away but also do lookup VisualThesaurus >> words don't do it justice!

10. KatieKat

KatieKat Guest

:eek: VisualThesaurus!

11. gale

gale

Compatible with XP Home Edition?

12. jm100dm

jm100dm

I have been using iespell and find it works well with any web-page based forms. Accessibly through tools.

http://www.iespell.com/

13. LucidParody

LucidParody

Is there anything like IEspell for Mozilla?

Ideally I'd like something that works like the Word spell engine that underlines misspelled words while typing in forms or writing code.

14. Bvr01Fvr

Bvr01Fvr

Too bad it runs on startup and sits in the system tray though.

15. Bvr01Fvr

Bvr01Fvr

A spell checker for Mozilla can be added to the Composer and Mail message composer only. You can get it here if you want it.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice