1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opera on My TV using Chromecast

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Reaz, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Reaz

Reaz Thread Starter

Hi,

I would like to know if I can download the Opera Browser on Chromecast or a similar device. I want to be able to access the Internet on my TV, but my laptop does not have a HDMI cable. So I need to be able to access the Opera browser, as that is the only browser that I need.

Please let me know if I can either do that using Chromecast, if not, which device can I do this?

Thank you so much 😊

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    if your tv is a SMART tv then it should already have a browser. What is the Manufacturer and Model of your SMART tv?

3. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Chromecast doesn't have applications. Only Google Chrome's browser is supported and it's still in beta.

You can get an HDMI cable pretty cheap on the internet if you want to connect your computer directly to the TV and see your browser on TV.

There aren't any devices that allow streaming of a full browser.

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Does your Laptop not have an HDMI Port on it?

5. Reaz

Reaz Thread Starter

Hi,

Thank you all for trying to help.

1. My TV is not SMART.
    2. My TV does not have a HDMI Port.
    Does RoKu allow the Opera browser?

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Here you go https://www.roku.com/ you can read about Roku. I have never used one so I can't answer your questions. What Connections do you have on the back of your TV? That will determine what you can connect to your tv.

7. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

You can't use a web browser with Roku or any other streaming device including Chromecast.

The only way to view a web browser on a TV is to connect a computer to the TV.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You could also do up yourself a small Linux device such as the Raspberry Pi and install Opera on that.

Or use the web browser that comes with the TV connected device in question; if you have an Xbox, Playstation, or Wii they come with browsers and some DVD and Blu-ray players do as well if you don't have a Smart TV.

But Chrome with the ChromeCast works very well, I have one and have to say it's very easy and stable.

I also have a computer connected to my TV for all other content.

How old is this TV that it doesn't have HDMI? Does it have DVI or VGA? How were you planning on using a ChromeCast the TV if it doesn't have HDMI? You asked in your first post how to "download Opera onto the ChromeCast".

9. Reaz

Reaz Thread Starter

Hi guys.

My TV has HDMI...my laptop does not'

10. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

If you want to connect your computer to the TV, we have to know all the outputs on the computer and all the inputs on the TV.

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Ok, in this post you said it didn't have HDMI:

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice