Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opera on My TV using Chromecast

6K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
Hi,

I would like to know if I can download the Opera Browser on Chromecast or a similar device. I want to be able to access the Internet on my TV, but my laptop does not have a HDMI cable. So I need to be able to access the Opera browser, as that is the only browser that I need.

Please let me know if I can either do that using Chromecast, if not, which device can I do this?

Thank you so much 😊

#2 ·
if your tv is a SMART tv then it should already have a browser. What is the Manufacturer and Model of your SMART tv?

#3 ·
Chromecast doesn't have applications. Only Google Chrome's browser is supported and it's still in beta.

You can get an HDMI cable pretty cheap on the internet if you want to connect your computer directly to the TV and see your browser on TV.

There aren't any devices that allow streaming of a full browser.

#6 ·
Here you go https://www.roku.com/ you can read about Roku. I have never used one so I can't answer your questions. What Connections do you have on the back of your TV? That will determine what you can connect to your tv.

#8 ·
You could also do up yourself a small Linux device such as the Raspberry Pi and install Opera on that.

Or use the web browser that comes with the TV connected device in question; if you have an Xbox, Playstation, or Wii they come with browsers and some DVD and Blu-ray players do as well if you don't have a Smart TV.

But Chrome with the ChromeCast works very well, I have one and have to say it's very easy and stable.

I also have a computer connected to my TV for all other content.

How old is this TV that it doesn't have HDMI? Does it have DVI or VGA? How were you planning on using a ChromeCast the TV if it doesn't have HDMI? You asked in your first post how to "download Opera onto the ChromeCast".

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.