1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

operating icons all show windows media center

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by starjet, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. starjet

starjet Thread Starter

Hi there

A couple of days ago I opened a program for stamp collectors call STAMP ALBUM. Since then everything opens with Windows Media Centre plus WMC automatically pops up every so often.

I have tried various ways of rectifying the problem but I have other associated problems such as:- 1. I can't open programs from the internet that may help. 2. I can't open the Samsung Recovery 5 program. 3. None of the icons has the "open with" facility. 4. The Default Program facility does not allow me to make changes to my laptop.

Every time I try #'s 1,2 and 4 it immediately goes to WMC

Can you help me please

Eddie

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Please post a link to the Stamp Album program so I know which of many "stamp album" type programs you've installed.

3. starjet

starjet Thread Starter

Hiya PLODR

The Stamp Album software I downloaded is www.stampalbumstudio.nl/en/but I deleted it once I started getting the problems.

Thanx for your reply

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Try THIS fix.

Save the .reg file to your desktop. Double-click it to merge it to the registry.

Restart the computer.

If the fix only opens as a text file (in Notepad), right-click the file (before opening it) and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I see the software is a trial version from 2007 and the site hasn't been updated since 2010. That would be two warning signs for me. (I am a stamp collector). Before I download old software, I try to find requirements and look for reviews. If I find little or nothing, I skip the program.

Attached Files:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1152798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice