1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Operating System Language Upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by claude_rusty, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. claude_rusty

claude_rusty Thread Starter

Hello all! I was wondering if you guys could help me with my big big problem. My brother got a laptop for me from Japan. And it is just a second-hand piece. My problem is that it is in Japanese. The whole thing, Window 2000 is in Japanese. SO i was wondering if i can upgrade this into Win XP English form...PLease help me...i really need to use the laptop for my school. The laptop is an IBM R32 series.

2. Sponsor

3. nooter

nooter

4. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

5. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

"This article describes how to change the language in Windows 2000 (and presumably Windows XP, but these instructions were written using Windows 2000). Setting the language does not change the language of Windows menus and dialogs... "

6. nooter

nooter

Thanks RAM-PAGE I missed that. Sorry!

7. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

No problem. It would be a nice idea to be able to change the language of Windows menus and dialogs for those who are multilingual when they need to correspond with friends in other countries.

It must be possible to program Windows that way but covering all languages is a headache, so I proposed, to Heads of Government, that all peoples choose English as a second language.

Then Microsoft could probably produce a system that can be used in the local language and English, so that all peoples could learn English as a common second language, and become more able to speak words of friendship and peace to each other.

So, live in peace, and may God be always with you. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327688