1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Operating System Not Found: Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BMComputer, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BMComputer

BMComputer Thread Starter

When starting up my computer I recieve a black screen that states, "Operating System Not Found." It will let me go to Set-Up, but I can't figure out how to reboot my computer using the Windows XP software and get it up and running again. ANY support, ideas, or knowledgable answers are much appreciated.

Sincerely,
    BMComputer

2. maxmelbin

maxmelbin

go to BIOS setting , make HDD as the first boot device and then save and restart

3. BMComputer

BMComputer Thread Starter

There is no BIOS Setting... the only thing remotely matching that is the BIOS Revisions and there is no setting that I can change. If it helps, the kind of computer is a HP Pavilion MX50. When you said go to the BIOS Setting, you were referring to the setup menu, Correct? Please clarify for me, thank you! Once again thank you for your help!

4. maxmelbin

maxmelbin

tap F1 while u start ur computer .. it will go to BIOS .. there u move to the BOOT menu .. choose boot device priority and follow instructions to make HDD as first boot device

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice