operating system not found

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MariaTjon

This morning my computer, Sony Vaio, was working perfectly. I turned it off and after a couple of hours put it back on, to get to my surprise the following message " OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND".
Please help.....:mad:
Is it possible to recover my information still?

Thank you!!

SUEOHIO

SUE
Im going to guess that the hard drive is failing or has failed.If it isnt completely gone you can try a usb sata/ide connector which may or may not recover what was in there.You will have to take the drive out and hook it up to another computer and go from there.

You can boot up from a CD or USB key and then copy your data to another USB key, another hard drive, another computer over the network, online storage, or even burn it to DVD or BluRay (if you have a BluRay burner).

Parted Magic disk partitoning tool (Bootable CD image)
If you prefer a bootable USB key, download and run Linux Live USB Creator. Choose the Parted Magic distro, and it will download it and automatically create a bootable USB key.

This CD (or key) contains many useful tools. You can partition, recover files, recover lost partitions, make disk images (by several different methods), transfer files between media, scan for viruses (It can serve as an Alternative Trusted Platform for search and elimination of rootkits and bootkits), examine and benchmark hardware, access the internet, and much more.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online