1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Operating System Not Found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by larissavinci, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larissavinci

larissavinci Thread Starter

Hi everybody,

I have a 2009 Dell Studio 1737. 3 years ago I had the hard drive replaced at Best Buy. Now it went out again so I bought one and replaced it myself (under setup it shows the hard drive is there so I think I did it right). But then when I went to boot the computer I get an error that says Operating System not found? I cant find the original disks for the computer...Any ideas what I can do to get it to work?

2. ETech7

ETech7

Did you replace the system drive (the one with your Windows OS)? If your PC has only one HDD, then it is certainly what you did. In that case you will need either to reinstall Windows on new HDD, or use some sort of imaging software to clone old drive to new one.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the Dell support and downloads site for the Dell Studio 1737 laptop.

What's the 7-character "service tag" number on your laptop?

---------------------------------------------------------

If the hard drive has been replaced in that laptop, the Windows operating system needs to be installed in it afterwards.

That's why you're seeing a Operating system not found message.

When "Best Buy" replaced the hard drive 3 years ago, did they or someone else install the Windows operating system?

---------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice